Top FDE Official Sacked for Opposing Transfer of Rs. 20 Billion Govt Land to Private School

Share with Your Friends and Family

Federal Education Secretary, Waseem Ajmal Chaudhry, made a significant decision by relieving Dr. Ali Ahmed Kharal of his duties as Acting Deputy Director General of the Federal Directorate of Education (FDE). This action was taken due to Dr. Kharal’s absence from an important ceremony. It’s worth noting that the FDE Director General, Dr. Ikram Ali Malik, was already on sick leave, leading to rumors circulating about a potential proposal for his removal and the nomination of Amjad Ahmed, the ministry’s joint secretary, as his replacement.

Note: Click here to check the Matric Result 2023

The controversy revolves around the ministry and FDE’s plans to transfer 21 kanals of land to a private firm to establish an upscale school using the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model. According to the proposal, the private firm would run the school for 20 years, charging fees for 80 percent of the students while providing free education to the remaining 20 percent. However, media and educational associations raised concerns, arguing that the land was initially intended for a public school to offer free education, making its allocation to a commercial entity unjustifiable. This situation prompted Minister Rana Tanveer to request a report on the matter.

Addressing the situation, Secretary Chaudhry clarified that the removal of Dr. Ali Ahmed Kharal was not directly linked to the school project but rather resulted from his unauthorized temporary charge. However, he refrained from commenting on the alleged proposal for Dr. Ikram Malik’s removal.

The issue has garnered attention and scrutiny from various sectors, as the fate of the land holds significant implications for education accessibility and transparency within the region. As developments unfold, the public remains vigilant about the decisions made by the authorities involved in this matter.

Leave a Comment